The air duct system in our home runs without us giving it much thought until something goes wrong of course. Without preventative care, it can be costly when something goes wrong. To keep your air duct system running smoothly and efficiently, it only needs a little bit of care and will do a lot for the air quality in your home or business. Your HVAC system depends on the air ducts in your home to do its job. These ducts provide a way for the cool or heated air to get to all the rooms in your home. If there’s a problem with the system, it will affect the temperature in your home. Problems can be blocks or leaks and can lead to an inefficient system that will increase the wear and tear on your system, not to mention and increase in your energy bills. Air ducts can become clogged with dirt and other debris and should be cleaned every few years to keep your HVAC system running smoothly.
Signs Your Ducts Need to be Cleaned
1. Spikes in your energy bills. If you notice an increase in your energy bills that can’t be explained, you may have an issue with the air ducts. Good explanations include using your system more or a mechanical problem. If these aren’t the reasons, then you need to have the air ducts cleaned and sealed.
2. Dirty air filters. Dust covered air filters that have been recently changed is a sign that the ducts are likely clogged and need to be cleaned.
3. Vents look dirty. If you find dirt and debris around the vents, you probably have a lot more dirt inside the ducts. These contaminants will circulate throughout your home and cause problems for allergy sufferers and other respiratory issues.
4. Pest infestations. If your notice any signs of rodents or insects making a home in your air ducts, you need to have them cleaned. The debris that pests leave behind can damage your HVAC system and the smells can get extremely unpleasant. Dead pests can also make you sick and need to be taken care of right away.
5. Respiratory problems. If you start having unexplained respiratory issues, it may be an indication that your air ducts are dirty. Allergy, sinus, asthma and other respiratory problems can all be caused by extra dirt that circulates through the ducts in your home. The ducts in your home cycle air about seven times a day and if there’s a lot of dirt in them, it can be bad for your health.
6. Mold growth. Mold can be a serious problem and if you see it growing it needs to be taken care of. Mold can lead to respiratory issues, throat and eye irritation and skin irritations. The sooner you take care of a mold issue, the better.
Air Duct Cleaning & More in Sherman Oaks, Valley Village, Woodland Hills & Greater Los Angeles, California
Air conditioning is important in the summer and we do not want to be without it. Our homes can become very uncomfortable when the air conditioning stops working. If you notice any of signs that your air ducts need to be cleaned, don’t hesitate to contact Green Co Carpet Cleaning.