Casual get-togethers, dining events, and parties are often hosted in homes with the Holiday Season upon us. Despite the theme of your activities for the holidays, common traditional beverages will undoubtedly be served. Accidents happen and more often than not, one of those beverages will be spilt onto the carpets. In an effort to keep your carpet looking its best through the melee, we at Green Co Carpet Cleaning has prepared treatment options for some of the traditional beverages that are common during the holiday season.
How to Remove Cider Stains from Carpet
1) With paper towels, immediately blot up s much liquid as possible.
2) In a spray bottle, mix 1 Tbsp ammonia and 2 cups of warm water (not hot).
3) Administer the solution onto the targeted area, light spraying (do not over saturate).
4) In addition to blotting, gently work your fingers into the spot.
5) Rinse with warm water by way of damp cloth to remove the mixture residue.
6) Place a dry towel on the area and stand on the towel to absorb all remaining moisture.
7) After is has fully dried, vacuum.
Eggnog Stain Removal from Carpet
1) You may need to use a spoon to get the bulk off of the surface and then use paper towels to blot up the liquid.
2) Combine ¼ tsp liquid dish soap in 2 cups warm water (not hot) in a squirt bottle. Do not overly concentrate this formula and avoid any kind of detergents to treat the stain. Mist the spot generously without over saturating.
3) Blot the spot and repeat until it is removed using a dry cloth in between to avoid allowing the area from becoming too wet.
4) Rinse out the solution with warm water, be sure to blot up moisture in between, you do not want your carpet soaked.
5) In the event the stain is stubborn 1 cup white vinegar and 2 cups warm water, and gently work the solution through with your fingers.
6) Rinse with damp cloth warm water.
7) Using a clean, dry towel, blot up all moisture.
8) Allow to air dry and vacuum.
How to Remove Cocoa & Hot Chocolate Stains from Carpet
1) With paper towels, pat the excess liquid.
2) In a water bottle, combine 1 TBS dish soap liquid, with 2 cups warm water (not hot).
3) Mist the area well, does not over saturate.
4) Treat the area by blotting with a damp cloth. If you need to repeat the process until the stain is lifted and blot in between with dry cloth.
5) Allow to air dry thoroughly and vacuum.
How to Get Red Wine Spills Out of Carpet
1) Quickly use paper towels to blot until the liquid has stopped absorbing into the paper towels.
2) Pour a few ounces of cool water directly over the original spot and blot it again.
3) With a spray bottle mix 1 TBS liquid dish soap, 1 TBS white vinegar and 2 cups of warm water (not hot).
4) Soak the mixture onto a clean cloth and use the treated rag to dab the remaining stain. Dab a clean, blot with a dry cloth in between treatments to avoid over saturation
5) Rinse the area with cool water, and blot dry with a dry towel and vacuum once the area is completely dry.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Sherman Oaks, Valley Village, Woodland Hills & Greater Los Angeles, California
Spills and accidents happen and not necessarily during gatherings. If your carpets get spotted up or you want them clean before the festivities are underway, call in the experts of Green Co Carpet Cleaning for a comprehensive carpet cleaning service to remove the stains and leave your carpets clean and fresh.