With the holiday season in full swing, many people busy themselves, and the kids, with different crafting activities. Whether it is to offer the finished product as gifts, to enjoy yourself, or to indulge in a hobby you enjoy, many projects are underway. Crafting decorations or other collectibles or baking the cookies and ginger bread houses are all very common. With the excitement and hurried actions to get it all done, accidental spills are likely to occur, which is why we at Green Co Carpet Cleaning would like to offer some methods on how to get a few of the common carpet blunders free from stains.
How to Get Washable Paint Out of Carpet
1) With a spoon, scoop up as much as possible. You can scrape it off onto a few paper towels to contain the mess.
2) Using paper towels gently dab the fine layer of paint up; avoid using excessive pressure.
3) A butter knife can be used to scrape off the crust of dried paint.
4) In a spray bottle, combine 1 cup warm water and ½ tsp liquid dish soap; make sure it is well mixed.
5) Dampen a cloth with the solution and dab up the remaining stain, repeat as necessary. Depending on the volume, you may need to rinse out the rag as you go with clean water and in between applications, be sure to use a dry cloth to blot up the moisture to avoid over saturation.
6) After the area is treated, use a water- damp cloth to lift the cleaner remnants up.
7) Dry the area as much as possible with a clean-dry towel or cloth.
8) In some cases, depending on the brand of washable paint, the stain will not lift but will shift to a brownish color. If this occurs combine 2 parts water and 1 part white vinegar in a spray bottle and repeat steps 5-7.
How to Remove Cookie Icing from Carpet
1) Being careful to not smash icing in the carpet, use a butter knife or spoon to scoop the mass of icing from the surface and smear the lifted icing onto a paper towel.
2) In a spray bottle, combine 1 part white vinegar with 1 part cool water; mix well.
3) With the mixture, dampen a clean cloth to gently blot up the icing residue.
4) Repeat until all traces of icing is cleaned away while using a dry cloth in between applications to avoid the carpet from getting too wet.
5) Utilize a dry cloth or towel to dry the area as much as possible.
How to Get Dried Glitter Glue Out of Carpet
1) To remove the bulk of the glitter glue, use a spoon to slice it off the surface; smearing it onto a paper towel to discard.
2) In many instances, water is all that is needed to remove residue; with a damp cloth or sponge, blot up the stain.
3) Moderately saturate a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and blot up any remaining remnants.
4) Over the alcohol treated area use a water-damp cloth to rinse away any alcohol deposits.
5) Use a clean, dry towel or cloth to dry the area.
Carpet Stain Remover Tips
Notes: A quick reminder when dealing with carpet stains. Always perform a patch test in an inconspicuous area no matter what type of cleaner you are using. Never use hot water because it could set the stain. Avoid over saturating carpets as it could lead to water damage and promote mold. Never scrub or rub, it will only spread the stain out and push it deeper in the fibers. Sponges, towels, cloths, rags, and paper towels should be plain white; dyes and prints can potentially transfer onto carpets as you treat stains.
Carpet Cleaning & Stain Removal Services in Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank, Diamond Bar & Agoura Hills, California
If you are having problems getting stubborn stains out of your carpets, or you simply want your carpets clean and fresh for the holiday guest list, call in the professionals of Green Co Carpet Cleaning today and let our experts do the rest.