Dryers are the most common appliance in people’s homes that are used on a regular basis. In large families, the dryer is used daily, and multiple times a day. When the dryer experiences technical difficulties, it can really disrupt the whole day. Taking care of the dryer is optimal to minimize malfunctioning issues or prolong replacement. Part of the maintenance is ensuring the lint trap is cleaned after every load. The ventilation tube needs a regular cleaning as well, which is best performed by a professional who possesses the equipment and expertise to properly clean the ventilation to your dryer. Today, we at Green Co Carpet Cleaning would like to list the benefits of getting your dryer vents cleaned by a professional.
Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning
1) Dryer vent safety.
– Dryer vent fires. Approximately 15,500 fires ignite every year in the United States due to the dryer vents, claiming over 30 fatalities, over 400 injuries, and inflicting nearly $210 million in property damages. It was revealed in the investigation of these fires, that the dryers were the source due to human error; failure to clean the dryer’s vents. Lint makes for the perfect kindle to start fires and both gas operated and electric powered dryers are susceptible to creating fires. Even the most modern models featuring energy efficient can still have the lint build up, causing obstructions in the vent line.
– Carbon monoxide. Fires are not the only risk, but poorly maintained gas operated dryers can produce carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless toxic gas that is challenging to detect. After exposure, the gas brings on symptoms reminiscent of the flu and long term can result in death in some cases. Instead of being expelled through the vent line, the harmful gasses can build causing home residents to be exposed to the carbon monoxide poisoning. The clogged dryer lines can problematic for the exhaust fumes to properly be cycled outdoors.
– Mold. The dryer eliminates the moisture during its performance. With approximately ½ gallon of water being absorbed in a full load of clothing, the dryers primary function is remove the water from your clothes to produce dry clothes. Having a clogged dryer vent can create the moisture into condensed pools of water in the dryer vent, creating the perfect conditions for mold. Mold doesn’t only cause health issues, but it can also expedite deterioration of everything in its path.
2) Dryer Efficiency. Clogged vents also hinder the dryer’s efficiency, causing multiple cycles for a single load. Clean and clear vents help the dryer operate more efficiently and without having to restart the dryer, you will save the additional energy and decrease your utility bill.
3) Extends life of dryer & clothes. Increase the life expectancy of your dryer by cleaning the vents. When the dryer does not have to continually run to dry your laundry, as well as over exerting itself on drying a load, you are not causing it to experience any abnormal wear and tear. Clothes will also be spared additional abuse and will be better preserved from not having to endure frequent cycles in the dryer, increasing their longevity as well.
4) Professional quality assurance. Removing the clogs in the vent line in its entirety with special equipment designed to extend the length of the vent line and remove the lint and debris quickly and efficiently is performed by a professional.